Friday, April 1, 2011

Vignette response

In this post,  will respond to Vihn, and Victor's vignettes.
What I have noticed that is similar about these vignettes are that they talk about family. They talk about how they support them, who they consist of, or the learning experiences they are presented to by their families. Vihn, for example, had to move to a whole new country. Everything was confusing to him: The cars, the streets, and the layout of the parking lot. Vihn had to go through many societal changes and luckily his family was there to greet him and his mother and help them. He writes about them in a positive tone.
 By now, I can see who those people are. It is my cousin and his family. My cousin belongs to my mother’s side of the family branch. His mother and my mother are siblings. They are a family of four. First is the second child, Stroy, a fat and perhaps stubborn as well as spoil. Second is the third child, Kong. Kong is smaller and younger than Stroy and he is more obedient than Stroy when given orders. Kong is like a monkey while Stroy is like big fat fluffy cat.
In this quote, Vihn describes his family when he just got off the plane. He describes them in detail which shows he is excited to be in America. He also uses figurative language when he says "Kong is like a monkey while Stroy is like a big fluffy cat." I like this particular sentence the most because it shows that he had some humor when he got off the plane. He seems excited to be in America and definitely shows it in this quote.
In Victor's vignette, he writes about how seeing how his family acts is a learning experience for him.
Unlike the old generations of Liangs, my siblings, my cousins, and I all realize our parent's flaws and have learned to behave unlike them. The main reason I am positive and caring towards others is because my father, a lot of times, isn't like that towards me, which I know makes me unhappy and left out in the world.
Here, Victor explains how seeing how his dad acts shapes the way he acts. What I would expect is that he acts the same as his father, but it is exactly the opposite. In these vignettes, and in many others, family comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment